- Full Time
- Sydney NSW, Australia
Maintenance Trade Assistant
Type of Employment: Full-time
Career Level: Professional
Purpose of the role
Interested in traffic signals and other ITS assets?
This is the perfect opportunity to broaden your skills in this unique industry of road infrastructure.
The Maintenance Trade Assistant role has the primary responsibility for the construction of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) assets, ancillary equipment, and other highways electrical systems.
You will be responsible for performing construction and reconstruction of ITS and TCS assets in line with Yunex Traffic requirements.
This role will consist of afternoon and night shifts, overtime is also available, and an uplift is paid for night shift.
Areas of responsibility and tasks
- Construction and reconstruction of assets, such as Traffic Control Signals (TCS) and other extra low voltage equipment installed on the highway.
- Preparation of equipment prior to final installation e.g., Traffic Signal Controllers or vehicle detection systems.
- Installation or modification of new and existing ITS assets.
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
- Ensuring works are completed in accordance with the site specification, in a timely manner and to a high-quality level.
- Conduct yourself in accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimising them wherever possible
- Any other duties reasonably practicable within the skills required for the role.
Knowledge & Skills
The key competencies and capabilities for this role are:
- Training will be provided where required in the relevant asset categories.
- Ability to achieve objectives with strict deadlines and manage your own workload.
- Outlook – co-operative, helpful, willing to use initiative and conscientious.
- Flexibility – willing to change, move from one activity or work area to another, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily.
- Effectiveness – drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time.
- Teamwork – work towards the team’s goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team, and contribute to a high standard of team morale.
- Must be physically fit as this role requires a certain element of manual handling.
It is desirable but not mandatory to have a technical understanding in some / all the following:
- Recent civil labouring experience on the road network
- Experience of installing, conduits, cables, pits, footings sandbagging, machine spotting and trenching.
- Ability to interpret plans and specifications
- Excavator Verification of Competence and/or other plant
- Driving Licence (Full) (MR/HR essential or be willing to undertake course).
- White card
- Forklift licence is essential.
- EWP ticket preferable or willing to undertake course.
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.