Interior Health Authority
Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Transition Liaison Registered Nurse to join our team in beautiful Kelowna, B.C.!
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Employer paid training/education opportunities
- Generous Vacation Entitlement
- Employer Paid Health Benefits
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Shift Premiums
- Competitive wages
About the Job:
The Transition Liaison Registered Nurse:
- Provides nursing care to patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers; acts as a resource to patients and their families and various health service teams and professionals in the assessment of patient needs and eligibility for appropriate services and resources
- Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
- Maintains and advances own clinical competence
- Plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates patient access and care transition activities between IH facilities and health care services across the continuum of care for all assigned patients with complex care planning and health service needs
- Provides comprehensive assessment of patients and identifies variances from care/discharge plans and service needs, as well as resolution of patient, caregiver and system issues
- Establishes and facilitates communication linkages between IH facilities, health care services, community partners, physicians, health professionals and patients and their families
- Communicates changes in the day to day access and care transition service needs of the patient
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.