At Nutrien, our purpose is Feeding the Future and we do so with safety, inclusion, integrity and results as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With nearly 25,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers globally.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, act with integrity, and who support inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us raise the expectation of what an agriculture company can be and grow your career.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting, the Senior Accountant will assist with the accounting, reporting and analysis of the Corporate and NPK Business Unit results. This position requires a high degree of cross-department and cross-business unit interaction. The Corporate Accounting department operates with a significant number of deadlines and reporting obligations and as such, the successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities.
- Responsible for Investment accounting and specific Trust accounting processes and journal entries;
- Central point of contact for Long-term and short-term debt accounting processes and journal entries;
- Responsible for the preparation of Corporate and NPK business unit management reporting, including P&L and Balance Sheet Variance analysis and Balance Sheet verification;
- Responsible for performing month-end duties including review of the general ledger and preparing and posting journal entries;
- Completion of monthly, quarterly and annual account reconciliations; and
- Support and assist with continuous improvement initiatives and projects as required.
What you will bring:
- CPA designation;
- 5+ years accounting experience preferred;
- Experience with IFRS, possessing a strong working knowledge and application of the concepts;
- Results oriented, with ability to work in a deadline driven environment;
- Experience with data and variance analysis, including researching causes and providing clear explanations;
- Strong attention to details combined with the ability to see the big picture;
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving and decision-making capability;
- Demonstrated time management skills, and ability to prioritize when involved with multiple initiatives and changing priorities;
- Experience using SAP, Oracle and consolidation system BPC/EPM would be considered an asset; and
- Committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.