Here at dotdigital, we are looking for an enthusiastic Financial Accountant to join our fast-paced finance team of 25 at an AIM-listed, leading global cross-channel marketing automation business. This is a great opportunity for a commercially astute qualified accountant to join a rapidly expanding company within a career progression role.
An exciting new role has opened within the company due to the latest acquisition by Dotdigital Group PLC of Fresh Relevance.
The role will suit a candidate able to take ownership of the operational finance function and reporting, analysing issues and solving problems.
The ideal candidate will perform well under pressure and will have the ability to motivate and empower others to reach organisational goals.
The role will be challenging but highly rewarding. You will be reporting to the Group Finance Manager.
Key Roles and responsibilities include:
- Day to day running and management of a UK entity and a US entity.
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly Management Accounts/ Departmental reports.
- Preparation and posting of all month end journals – Accruals/ Prepayments/FA/ Interco.
- Management of entire Accounts Payable process including corporate card.
- Own and improve the billing process and support the Financial Operations team.
- Manage and assist with chasing outstanding debt with our Credit control team.
- Perform daily customer banking and all bank reconciliations in multiple currencies.
- Preparation of VAT returns within statutory deadlines, ensuring its completeness and accuracy.
- Assist with the monthly/quarterly calculations of staff commission.
- Business partnering with relevant managers within the company to provide financial support and information.
- Maintenance of cash flow forecasts; Review and incorporate cash-flow requests and provide regular updates to senior management for efficient funds management.
- Preparation of interim and year end management accounts for the Group audit, reviewing tax computations including R&D credits, preparing all audit schedules for interim and year end and being the main point of contact for the external audit.
- Support and help develop the integration plans including customers/staff/financial systems for the acquisition into the group.
The ideal candidate will be ACCA qualified or similar with a minimum 4–5-year industry experience working in a busy finance team for a global company.
Knowledge and experience of all parts of a modern finance team.
This role is fully remote, so must have strong communication skills and digital literacy, and ideally experience with remote work within a team.
The candidate must have a good understanding of SME organisations and particularly the direct impact their work has on the organisation.
Will need to be confident, motivated and have a professional manner. They will need to have good time management and organisational skills and be willing to learn and show an appetite to progress within the role.
The department works under a monthly plan (which may change depending on time of year) which aims to hit targets to improve the overall performance of the entire group.
To apply for this job please visit za.indeed.com.