The Language Club
Children’s English Language Teacher
Join The Language Club (TLC) Team! Run by Stephanie, a fellow ESL teacher, who knows the good, bad and ugly of freelance teaching and works hard to minimize the pain points for a healthy, balanced school year for everyone.
TLC provides: part time work for the entire school year (after school and fuller days on Wednesdays depending on candidate interest and availability), fair wages (30-35 euros per hour, AE Visa status), Navigo or bike travel compensation, full lesson plans ready to go with materials and support, and a well organized schedule so you’re not running around the city unnecessarily (because, let’s be honest, that’s the worst). Plus, the families and kids are truly great! Join a team that understands your time is valuable and wants to ensure a smooth, happy school year ahead. (Please apply in English, thank you!)
More about the job:
The Language Club (TLC) is looking for responsible, experienced and qualified ESL teachers who will go to clients’ homes, teach individual or small groups of children after school on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays with fuller days on Wednesdays (schedules are flexible to fit the teacher’s availability). We’ll provide the lesson plans and most materials for all of your lessons, you must be on time, fun, engaging and responsible. Support with every step along the way is guaranteed. TLC is looking for a full school year commitment from September to the end of June, not including school and public holidays.
– Auto-Entrepreneur work status only (Don’t have that? Stephanie can walk you through setting that up; it’s free, easy and not as scary as you think it is.)
– Native or Fluent (C2) English Speaker (Clients do prefer native speakers, but at TLC we are open to everyone if your profile fits!)
– a Degree in Elementary or Secondary Education (This is important, TLC needs real teachers who know how to teach; we’re not babysitters.) OR a TESOL / ESL degree or certificate (Teaching English takes strategy and an understanding on how to build language fluency.)
– 2+ years of teaching experience with children 3-12 years old (You love kids? TLC does too! Have a preference on age range? No problem, TLC teaches children of all age ranges that need great teachers like you!)
– Strong, healthy classroom management skills (With TLC, we’re learning at dining room tables and living room floors. TLC needs teachers that can be flexible but won’t let things get out of control. We’re fun, but get work done! )
– A fully planned year of lessons with most materials included. TLC provides the books, games, and most craft supplies, the teachers are responsible for photocopying worksheets for their students (Read it again, no lesson planning!)
– Working with a small, international team with management who has your back, trusts you and wants to see you thrive.
– Paid professional training twice a year on topics like classroom management, phonics instruction, positive behavior strategies, developing intrinsic motivation in learners, immersive language teaching, et. (Learn new teaching strategies, bond with other TLC teachers, AND get paid for it? Not bad, not bad.)
– Part time work guaranteed for the whole school year, hours depend on interest, availability and need: 16h30-18h30 M / T / TR / F, more hours on Wednesdays (9h-12h & 13h-18h30) and potentially mornings on Saturdays (These hours depend on your availability and location. It is part time.)
– Starting Hourly Rate: 30-35 euros (If you’re qualified, we know you deserve to be paid correctly. TLC also does it’s best to make sure you’re paid on time each month, because that’s the right way to do it.)
– Navigo coverage in relation to hours worked (The more hours you work, the more of your Navigo we can compensate. It’s as easy (and fair) as that!)
– A chance to be a part of something good; good for students, good for teachers, good for a healthy work-life balance
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 2 – 6 per week
Salary: 30.00€ – 35.00€ per hour
Teachers follow public school COVID-19 safety measures.
- Do you have a Freelance status (AE) to work in France? We cannot hire someone without the right to work in France. We can, however, help you set up your freelance status if you already legally can work/live in France.
- Do you live in or around Paris, France? We will not be able to sponsor or relocate candidates so please don’t waste your or our time if you are not already based in Paris. Thanks!
- children care/teaching: 2 years (Required)
- teaching: 2 years (Required)
- English fluently (native speaker of C2 level) (Required)
- TESOL/CELTA/ESL Teaching Certificate (Preferred)
- teaching degree (Bachelors/Masters/PhD) (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit fr.indeed.com.