We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and customer focused Receptionist to support our Corporate Office in Halifax. Ensuring every client is welcomed, assisted and directed in a professional manner, you will always be friendly & courteous, providing a great first impression.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome guests with a positive and helpful attitude;
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls, including those for other branches when staff may be unavailable;
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email;
- Receive, sort and send out daily mail/couriers/deliveries;
- Help maintain workplace security by issuing, checking and collecting badges as necessary and maintaining visitor logs;
- Schedule meeting rooms for staff;
- Arrange for and manage catering for meetings;
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- College diploma in a business-related field or office management course;
- At least one (1) year proven work experience in an office environment;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365;
- Highly professional demeanor with emphasis on customer service;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal, organization and time management skills; and
- Other duties as required.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive compensation package effective on your first day of employment:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with employer contributions
- Generous vacation allowance commensurate with experience
- Employer contributions towards maternity leave top up
- Health and wellness Incentive
- Membership dues reimbursement
- Education and lifelong learning subsidization
- Community volunteering incentive
- Employee Family Assistance Program
In addition to the above benefits, we offer:
- Diverse team with a wide range of experience and expertise;
- Exposure to a variety of projects;
- Support to develop skills and pursue projects related to your own interests;
- Collaboration between multiple disciplines and levels of expertise;
- Mentoring opportunities to foster your personal and professional development;
- Accessible and central offices in Atlantic Canada and Ottawa;
- Access to training opportunities in areas ranging from technical development to leadership skills.
As an employee-owned firm, at CBCL, our people are everything. We are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity for a workplace where everyone can thrive, and we build long-term relationships with our clients while providing them with innovative solutions.
We have earned recognition as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our multitalented group of professionals offer consulting in the Infrastructure, Water and Wastewater, Buildings, Industrial, and Earth and Environment sectors. We value our people, our communities, and our history and look forward to continuing our steady growth.
Along with our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint corporately, CBCL develops and implements sustainable engineering solutions that respect the current social and environmental impacts, as well as future implications of our designs.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.