Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our Windsor office is looking for a receptionist to join the team on a full-time basis and own the following responsibilities:
- Warmly welcome visitors, route calls, and direct inquiries to the appropriate departments or individuals promptly and professionally.
- Efficiently manage mail and courier needs for delivery and pickup, including maintaining tracking reports.
- Receive and process payments, including cheque deposits and credit card transactions.
- Oversee the office security system, building maintenance requests, and purchase supplies and office equipment.
- Ensure the front desk, reception area, meeting rooms, and kitchen are maintained in an organized and professional manner.
- Fulfill various duties as required.
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO’s core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
- You understand our industry, challenges, and opportunities; colleagues describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high-quality work
- You identify, recommend, & are focused on effective service delivery to our clients
- You share in an inclusive & engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning & professional development.
Your experience and education
You have at least 3 years
- ‘ experience in a fast paced, customer driven environment with experience completing tasks simultaneously
- You have the ability to clearly and confidently communicate with others
- You have strong Microsoft Office skills for data entry and analysis
- Office Administration diploma or similar education would be considered an asset
- You have a positive, professional and high energy personality
- You are well organized and have an eye for detail
You are self-motivated to work independently and are a good team player
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada’s Top 100 Employers for . This recognition is a milestone we’re thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
- We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
- We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation.
Flexibility: All BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and virtually unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
Our model is a blended approach designed to support the flexible needs of our people, the firm and our clients. It’s about creating work experiences that meet everyone’s needs and providing flexibility to adjust when, where and how we work to meet the expectations of our role.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.