Have a passion for full cycle accounting? Love team collaboration? We may have the role for you!
Under the direction of the Manager, Finance, this role is an integral part of the finance team and will be responsible for the control and coordination of the finance department activities. This role will be responsible for providing interim leadership to the Club’s financial accounting policies, financial statements, financial systems and budgeting process.
The position liaises with all business units to aid in budget development and financial management. In addition, the role provides support to the Club’s Board and Audit Committee reporting requirements and special requests for financial information, analysis and general accounting needs of the organization.
Where will your talents be focused?
- Produces consistently accurate and reliable financial reporting to management through supervision of the daily and monthly financial reconciliation processes including achieving established deadlines
- Provides support to the Manager, Finance and as required, providing support with special requests for financial information, analysis and general accounting needs of the organization
- Ensures Club’s financial activities and accounting policies are in accordance with established accounting standards for not-for-profit organizations (ASNPO)
- Provides oversight of accounts payable and receivable functions ensuring timely payment, accounting and accuracy of coding and the general ledger
- Supervises the preparation of monthly and year-end accruals, general financial reporting and working papers which provide support for the preparation of financial statements, presentation and disclosure
- Key member of the Club’s annual financial statement audit including being a key liaison with the external audit team
- Monitors and provides reports on budget variances
- Provides support, guidance to team members, both within the department and outside
- Supports the quarterly financial reporting to the Club’s executives and Board and performs ad-hoc financial analysis and modeling as necessary.
- Supports maintaining the department’s financial systems software programs including maintaining the organizational chart of accounts, ledgers and account reconciliation processes
- Provides supervision and backup support of the preparation of payrolls and all required government remittances including annual T4 processes
- Performs other duties as delegated or assigned, such as ad hoc reported, back up to other roles/responsibilities and financial modelling
- CPA designation would be considered an asset
- Two to five years of comprehensive experience working in an accounting firm, the accounting sector or similar experience.
- One to two years’ audit experience with hands on experience with financial reporting and audit standards would be considered an asset
- Detail oriented with great time management skills to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of all legal and regulatory requirements related to financial accounting
- Solution focused approach with a passion to seek out information and approach challenges with a methodical approach
- Proven communication and organizational skills to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with financial management software including spreadsheets, databases and integrated financial systems
- Payroll processing experience would be considered an asset
- Promotes a culture of trust, integrity and open communications while demonstrating strong interpersonal skills to develop a positive team environment
- Passion and drive reflective in all work
- Flexibility to work irregular hours when needed, such as game days or outside of core hours during peak periods.
What do we commit to you?
- Opportunity to contribute to the success of one of Canada’s largest brands and an organization that is a cornerstone of our province and Rider Nation.
- Opportunity to support of both the Club and the Saskatchewan Roughrider Foundation which provide countless community initiatives and program that support the children and residents of Saskatchewan.
- The passion of being part of something much bigger than all of us. The Saskatchewan Roughriders have a dedicated and passionate fan base, and at the Riders, we strive to work hard to support and grow the team and organization.
- Gain of demonstrated, immersive experience in a fast-paced organization and team.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Unbeatable work location. You will be set up directly out of Mosaic Stadium and be fully immersed in the Rider experience.
- Flexibility of time, work location dependent on workload and project timing including potential to do remote work.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.