Here at the Mount Nelson, we offer incredible brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner experiences. Our Food and Beverage Department ensures seamless service, orchestrated by the attentive, knowledgeable and approachable staff, setting the stage for an unforgettable dining experience. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a driven and passionate team focused on providing an incomparable experience. We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to join the Food & Beverage team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To control and monitor the staffing levels on a daily basis to ensure that the month to date staffing is kept to budget and managed using the labour management system.
- To oversee and control staff rostering, permanent and contract, to ensure adequate coverage according to the business levels.
- Responsible for the staffing and scheduling of the employees and allocation of duties to ensure the maximisation of productivity and minimise payroll costs.
- Ensure through regular monitoring of guest feedback, queries and complaints for delivering prompt, efficient and accurate service.
- To report all maintenance and repair problems that require attention to the relevant parties and to ensure that appropriate corrective action is taken as and when required.
- To ensure that all storage areas are kept neat and clean at all times.
- To participate in monthly stock-takes as and when required.
- In liaison with the Food & Beverage Manager, to ensure that the food and beverage costs are maintained.
- Develop systems and procedures that achieve higher cost efficiency and guest satisfaction.
- Adhere to revenue and cost budgets and plan operational resources accordingly in order to achieve required targets.
- Continuously improve and innovate upon product and services to achieve a larger market share and retain regular guests of the outlet.
- Work with the F&B Manager and the Executive Chef on menu planning and pricing.
- Work with the F&B Manager on creating appropriate wine and beverage lists.
- Create a work environment that is high in employee morale and provides constant learning & development.
- Run all necessary training on service, food, beverages, standard practices etc. for the team and ensure that duties are carried out in accordance with Leading Quality Assessment (LQA) standards.
- Responsible for certain reporting deadlines, payroll & rosters.
- Monitor and control various operating equipment, standards and inventories.
- Monitor and control food and beverage costs and variances.
- Assist in all F&B outlets on a regular or semi-regular basis as and when required.
- Monitor the revenue, daily number of covers and the average check of the outlet daily.
- Ensure that all the operational standards & processes are followed and ensure stock is monitored and order when needed.
- Manage staff performance, identify their training needs and address their grievances and counselling issues.
- Conduct regular meetings with the other outlet managers and supervisors and constantly monitor guest complaints, compliments and suggestions.
- Manages the processes to ensure no beverage items ever reaches its expiry dates.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Work with other F&B Outlet Managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Ensure compliance with the outlet SOP’s.
- In the absence of the Assistant F&B Manager, assist with duty manager shifts.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, acknowledge all guests and resolve complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Operate POS (point of sale) and maintain security of the system.
- Diploma / Degree from a reputable hotel school.
- Must have 3-5 years F&B management experience in a luxury hotel environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent leaderships skills.
- Knowledge of silverware – advantageous.
- Good knowledge of food cost, employee scheduling and payroll – advantageous.
- Extensive food and beverage product knowledge.
- Working knowledge of general restaurant operations.
- Familiar with point-of-sale computers and software.
- Good financial understanding.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Competitive basic salary
- Medical aid & pension fund benefit
- Internal Belmond discounts
- Loyalty and recognition rewards programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- On going Learning and Development opportunities
- Regular community, social and staff welfare events
To apply for this job please visit za.indeed.com.