Retail Pricing Analyst
About the business:
Successful, iconic Australian owned company is seeking an experienced Retail Pricing Analyst for their fuel and convenience business.
About the role:
Responsible in providing analytical aid, optimization, and troubleshooting of the retail pricing system to improve profit and grow market share.
Role Expectations and outcomes:
- Assist in the development of site level fuel margin and volume objectives, implement site level pricing strategies.
- Provide analytical data through available databases as requested.
- Perform analysis as necessary on available fuels and marketing data to determine competitive market conditions and optimum fuel strategy.
- Review and adjust more than 300 sites level pricing to meet volume and margin budget objectives. This includes daily reviews of competitive pricing and market level spot prices for all fuels to determine margin and cost trends.
- Maintain and update databases, which provide pricing and site Level information essential for daily pricing decisions and analytical analysis of market elasticity.
- Changing price for unmanned sites
- Compliance with federal, state, and local laws regarding supply management, pricing, and record keeping for all fuels, ethanol, and additive handling.
- Working with pumps / repair department and advising on pump calibration, tank test, etc.
- Daily fuel monitoring of all sites with low tolerances
- Reporting Pump issues to the repair department (calibration, losses, etc. )
- Solving deliveries and other issue ( banking, price changes, etc.) with sites
- Delivered insight into the optimal board price to achieve budgeted volume and margin results.
- Notification of price changes per site as required.
- Interpreted reports to identify areas to grow results, proactively monitoring trends for each site.
- Provided ad-hoc reporting to meet business stakeholder requests and requirements.
Skills and experience should cover:
- Experience in data analysis required, preferably in retail fuel marketing and pricing.
- Experience with databases required, Kalibrate Fuels PriceNet software highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- PC skills including Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Understanding of business, marketing, economics, and databases required.
- Understanding of retail fuel marketing highly desired.
- Excel proficiency required, with pivot tables & V-lookups desired.
- Must have strong analytical skills and be able to analyze large volumes of data.
- Must have a high degree of initiative and be results oriented and able to work under limited supervision.
- Must have strong organization skills and be able to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Proactive team player with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to build relationships and network internally and externally.
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.