Quality Assurance Manager
Join our aviation-passionate team based in the land of living skies, Saskatchewan, a great place to live and raise your family. We are Saskatchewan’s largest full-service airline and here is your opportunity to join us and work with colleagues who will bring out the best of you. At Rise Air, we offer more than a job, we offer the opportunity to live and work in a vibrant, affordable, growing province, a positive environment, inspiring culture, strong values and career growth.Rise Air is proudly 100 per cent Indigenous owned. We work together with our ownership, communities, stakeholders and industry partners to strengthen Indigenous employee relationships.
Under the direction of the Director of Maintenance, with a regulatory relationship with the President and CEO, this position is responsible for the overall administration of the company quality assurance program. The Quality Assurance Manager is accountable for the requirements outlined in the safety management system (SMS), quality assurance evaluation manual (QAEM) and the Transport Canada-approved company maintenance policy and control manuals and to provide the required direction to the maintenance department to ensure these standards are met.
- Develop and maintain an audit schedule and ensure audits are carried out in accordance with the quality assurance evaluation manual.
- Plan and conduct internal quality audits.
- Review and analyse data, audits, and inspections, and provide feedback on any findings as well as assist in developing corrective plans and resolving issues.
- Ensure quality assurance records are appropriately maintained in accordance with retention schedules.
- Assist in determining the need for, and coordinate the development of, required maintenance training courses in accordance with legislation and regulations.
- Assist with quality assurance functions as required.
- Participate in third party audits related to the safety management program.
- Supervise the work of quality assurance inspectors to ensure that professional standards are always maintained.
- Act as a designated safety management system (SMS) investigator.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Foster a team-based environment through collaborative working relationships.
- Ensure optimal communication with all employees and internal partners.
- Maintain current knowledge of all applicable Transport Canada rules, regulations and policies.
- Participate on industry and regulatory safety-related committees and work with clients to resolve safety matters.
- Act for the Director of Maintenance in their absence, for a period of time of less than 30 days.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Ensure compliance with quality assurance and safety programs to promote an incident and injury free culture.
- Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position include a high school diploma, and M1 and M2 aircraft maintenance engineer licenses with a minimum of 6 years of related aviation maintenance experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Aircraft Maintenance Organization (AMO) or equivalent and previous supervisory experience is required.
- The incumbent must qualify under section 573.04 regarding the ability to act for the Director of Maintenance in their absence, for a period of less than 30 days.
To apply for this job please visit ca.linkedin.com.