Few hotels can rival the elegance, European charm, and hospitality of The Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver. Situated in the heart of downtown Vancouver, The Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver has over 560 guest rooms and suites, approximately 15,000 sq. ft. of meeting/event space, and its spectacular setting allows guests to experience exceptional service with first-class amenities, from a personal concierge to a signature restaurant Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar, complete beauty center at Vida Spa and Wine Merchant. Set against a majestic backdrop of mountains and sea, and with the city’s famous shopping, business, arts, and entertainment districts just steps away, guests will experience the perfect blend of luxury and cosmopolitan ambience. With its opulent surroundings, The Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver brings a taste of Europe to one of North America’s most beautiful cities.
The Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver has been voted ‘BC’s Leading Hotel’ at the World Travel Awards, has been listed as one of Travel + Leisure’s Top 500 in the World’s Best Hotels, and is a perennial Cond Nast Traveler Gold List favorite.
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Report to the Director of Security and work closely with the Front Office team to ensure a smooth operation
- Ensure the overall safety and security of hotel guests, colleagues and hotel premises
- Act as a member of the Emergency Response Team, responding in cases of fire, accident, safety concerns and calls for medical assistance
- Ensure that any violations to law or hotel policy is investigated and reported
- Respond to all emergency situations and provide First Aid and C.P.R. as required
- Correct and report any fire hazards or health and safety hazards
- Report and investigate occurrences of accidents, complaints, criminal activity and crisis situations
- Conduct regular floor patrols, cash counts and crowd control
- Maintain key control records
- Maintain computer records of all actions in a Daily Shift Report
- Follow all safety policies
- Write detailed investigative reports
- Previous experience in a Security role require
- Basic Security Training (BST) certification required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Certification in First Aid required, Level 2 Preferred
- Strong report writing skills required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Supervisory experience in Security an asset
We believe that by taking care of our team members, we create a positive atmosphere that benefits both our team members and our guests. We want you to love coming to work and also find that working with Northland has a positive influence on your life outside of work.
- Rewards & Recognition
- Team rates from $59 per night, Family & Friends rates too!
- 25% discount at our restaurants for up to 6 people
- Discounted Passes/Lift tickets at Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Ongoing Employee events, incentives & recognition
- Growth Opportunities- Career Advancement starts from Within
- Dedicated Training Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free mental Health Support, Legal & Financial Counselling
- Refer a friend or family and earn money!
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care!
- Complimentary Stays
- RRSP Matching
- Milestone Rewards
- Tuition Credit Program
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.