St John of God Health Care
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest private providers of health care services in Australia, employing more than 16,000 employees (caregivers). We operate 27 hospitals and services comprising more than 3,500 hospital beds, including home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God (SJG) Social Outreach provides compassionate care that empowers individuals, families and communities through a range of community based mental health, homelessness and capacity building services across Western Australia, Victoria, New South Wales and Timor-Leste.
We have been appointed by WA Primary Health Alliance to establish and operate a new Head to Health adult mental health centre in Armadale and two Head to Health services which will be located in Gosnells and Mirrabooka. The centre will offer free, on-the-spot advice and support and, if needed, assessment and treatment for people with stress, anxiety and other mental health issues with extended hours, while the services will be co-located with other primary care providers and operate on a Monday to Friday basis.
The Head to Health centres and services are part of a federally funded Australian Government initiative aimed at improving access to mental health services for people whose condition is too complex for primary care, but doesn’t meet the criteria for a hospital ED visit.
The Social Worker – Grade 2 works alongside the multi-disciplinary team to provide senior social work services to consumers. Practices as a Social Worker and ensures practice is in accordance to the Australian Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics and Practice Guidelines and SJGHC policies and guidelines. Successful candidates will also ensure the service reflects the Vision, Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care (SJGHC).
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Ability to liaise with service providers and community groups as required in order to promote community understanding and awareness of people who experience issues.
- Ability to work under pressure as well as use initiative to cope with competing demands.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with a sound ability to negotiate in situations of conflict.
- Proven ability to function as a cohesive member of a team.
- Ability to write and type succinct file notes and maintain good record keeping practice.
- Capable of working independently with an individual or group of people supported.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to exercise reasonable judgement.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new software packages and databases.
- Salary: Grade 2 $118,077 – $125,904 + 10.5% superannuation
- Salary packaging up to $18,550 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, rent, meal entertainment, holiday accommodation or other everyday living expenses as well as options to salary package benefits above the FBT cap on items such as:
- Novated leasing
- work related expenses
- self-education and
- additional superannuation
- A healthy work-life balance through flexible work options, additional purchased leave & well-being programs
- Employee discount on St John of God Hospital & Medical Services and Private Health Insurance
- Employee support through our dedicated free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Dynamic multidisciplinary team
To apply for this job please visit au.linkedin.com.