NSW Government -Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
Hours Per Week: 38With CORE Values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment,
working with us will ensure your professional life is provided every opportunity to succeed
and develop in your chosen career role.What we can offer you (for eligible employees):
- Accrued Day Off (ADO) (for full time employees)
- Opportunity for extra tax savings through Salary Packaging
- Novated Leasing
- Great education opportunities through Education Training Service which offers over 110 courses each year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
- Fitness Passport
What you will be doing:?
An exciting opportunity is available for a recently graduated Social Worker to join the Allied Health Professionals team at Nepean Hospital. The Social Work New Graduate Program consists of four rotational positions across various teams within the local health district. The rotations last for eight months in length and three rotations are completed within the two year contract for the program. The current rotations are in the Acute Care Social Work Team at Nepean Hospital, the mental health Assertive Community Treatment Team, the inpatient mental health unit at Nepean Hospital and the Youth Drug and Alcohol Team.
You will undertake comprehensive psychosocial assessments of families referred, targeting relevant risks as appropriate and provide an appropriate range of social work interventions, including counselling, case management and advocacy for both individuals and families. As part of the new graduate program you will participate in regular supervision as per Australian Association of Social Work (AASW) standards and commit to continuing professional development, and participate appropriately in research, quality improvement and audit activities.
An eligibility list may be created for future vacancies.?
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District (NBMLHD) is a wonderful place to expand your career and grow your skills and knowledge. As a recognised leader in the healthcare industry, we provide a range of public health services to the Nepean and Blue Mountains and Lithgow Region.?
NBMLHD: is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, refugees, people of diverse genders and sexuality, and people with disability.
All NSW Health workers are now required to have received 3 doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.?
Selection Criteria to be Addressed:
- Recognised degree in social work and eligibility for membership of the AASW.
- Be a new graduate.
- Knowledge of the social work role in the health system.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated capacity for self- reflection.
- Demonstrated capacity to link theory and practice in working with clients.
- Current driver’s licence and willingness to use for work purposes. This may include driving long distances across the Local Health District.
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.