Aircraft Electronics Working Student
Here at Volocopter, we are the pioneers of electric air taxis (electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft – eVTOLs). We have pledged to bring urban air mobility to life by getting electric air taxis and other eVTOLs off the ground in a way that complements existing transportation options in megacities across the globe. Our aim is to offer affordable, on-demand air taxi services that fly people to their destination quickly and safely. In we carried out the first-ever piloted flight of a fully electric multicopter and have since conducted more than 1,500 public and private test flights across the world.
In this journey, you will be working directly (hands-on) on supporting the development of prototype aircrafts, scale models, and test setups.
Your mission during this flight:
- You will support embedded hardware development at the various interfaces between our distributed Avionics, Flight Controls and Electric Propulsion HW components.
- You will develop harnesses for different porpoises (this will include soldering, crimping, splicing, routing, etc.).
- You will work on hardware development (PCB and circuit design).
- You will debug hardware using advanced Lab equipment.
- You will support inventory management (organizing and keeping track of tools and prototyping hardware).
Check in your professional skills:
- Master (preferred) or Bachelor student in the field of Electrical/Electronic or Robotics Engineering.
- Ability in understanding technical documentation (this includes circuit diagrams, PCB schematics, datasheets, etc.).
- A solid base of electronics knowledge is a must including testing and verification.
- Experience in software development is a plus (C, C++, etc.).
- Experience in soldering is highly appreciated.
- Hands-on attitude, passion for making/seeing stuff work/move/fly.
- Detail oriented and organized mindset (this means you value quality in your hands-on developments and keep your work area organized after using it).
Our Volocopter flight includes:
- Fast-growing high-tech company with a superb network of investors and partners
- Chance to shape the future of aviation
- Help us to create groundbreaking new projects – from scratch!
- Personal accountability, as well as growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- An inspiring workplace with modern workspaces, flexible hours, quick decision-making, a flat hierarchy, positive leadership, great team spirit
- Attractive compensation package
Diversity at Volocopter:
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunities, trust, and ensure all employees feel heard. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts with each of us. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.