Real Canadian Superstore
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country’s largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Real Canadian Superstore, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Have you always had an interest in healthcare? Do you have an eye for style? If you’re ready to jump start your career as an Optician, then Loblaw might just have the opportunity for you!
The Optical market is evolving, and Loblaw has bold ambitions to continue to grow with it. Each of our 181 Optical clinics, conveniently located in our grocery stores, plays an important role in servicing our customers. By offering ease and convenience of a one-stop-shop we provide amazing service, incredible product quality and industry-leading value supported by the world-class PC Optimum program. We are on a mission to deliver affordable, high-quality eyewear to more Canadians.
- Help Canadians Live Life well by working with Canada’s largest retailer! You will make a profound impact by providing vision care with the autonomy of leading one of our Optical departments.
- An opportunity to reach millions with our nationally recognized PC optimum brand.
- Great opportunities to partner with our shared services and grow within our organization. There are opportunities for everyone!
- We not only care about our customers, but our colleagues who work hard to make us who we are which is why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver exceptional experience and build a rapport with customers.
- Inspire the team to provide best in class customer service by leading by example.
- Be an eye wear on the floor.
- Take measurements, fit, adjust, repair & dispense eyeglasses, contact lenses and specialty eyewear with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Simplify and communicate optical terminology to our customers
- Manage store operations in the absence of the Manager.
- Order and receive product daily
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Must be currently enrolled in the Opticianry licensing program (or interested in enrolling) in the province and is training to become a licensed Optician.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong time management capabilities
- Enthusiastic and concise communication to meet & exceed customer expectations
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and value-driven products we’re here for our friends, neighbors, family members and colleagues.us.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.