The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and how we can help you build a career you’re proud of. Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we’re always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project. Construction is a complicated business and our success requires the skills and efforts of a diverse group of people, engaged in a wide variety of activities. Our 100–plus-year tradition of construction excellence is attributable in large part to the efforts of men and women of different cultures, backgrounds, and beliefs. PCL values the additional perspectives, solutions, and ideas that come from a diverse workforce. We recognize that these factors allow us to better achieve company objectives and meet the needs of our customers.
Here’s how a(n) Procurement Student for our Saskatoon office contributes to our team:
- Diving into the world of supply chain and applying relevant purchasing/supply knowledge.
- Developing and maintaining reports and Power BI dashboards based on business needs
- Present Power BI dashboard and explain functionality
- Creating dynamic excel spreadsheets based on department needs
- Performing troubleshooting
- Acquiring data from a variety of structured and unstructured data sources
- Analyzing procurement data and identifying process improvement solutions.
- Interpreting basic information requests and recognize sources of information required to respond.
- Other duties as required.
- Currently enrolled in an Operations Management, Management Information Systems, Data Analytics diploma/degree program
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, and diplomatically.
- Ability to perform multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Strong computer literacy and experience using Microsoft Office software
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. Any salary range displayed by a job board is an estimate. Your salary, which considers your unique qualifications and experience, is just one component of the robust total rewards you’ll enjoy at PCL. This may include an employee share purchase offering, discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits and wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching, and career development programs.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.