Saskatchewan Teachers Federation
The Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation is inviting applications for a temporary facilities worker to join our high service level building operations team. This is a term position for approximately 18 months.
Who We Are
We are a professional organization of over 13,500 teachers employed in PreK-12 publicly funded schools across the province, working together to provide exceptional programs and services that support Saskatchewan teachers and their profession. We work as one team, supporting and celebrating each other as unique individuals. We value inclusivity and diversity by honouring personal attributes, culture, characteristics, professional and academic backgrounds, worldviews, opinions and perspectives.
What is the Role
The facilities worker is a part of a team responsible for ensuring building operations and systems are effectively maintained with a high level of service to protect the Federation’s assets, staff, members and public. The facilities worker provides early morning services, ensures landscaping and grounds facilities are well maintained and participates in building operational activities.
What You Will Do
- Provide early morning building services such as opening doors and preparing for the office day.
- Undertake event set-ups for meetings/conferences/workshops.
- Perform duties to promote the appearance of clean and well‑kept facilities as requested by staff or the facilities manager.
- Moves furniture as required and assists staff in handling heavy material.
- Check boiler status and maintain and review written boiler logs. Review all entries to identify anomalies.
- Review and adjust building automation systems as needed.
- Receive requests for keys and FOB assignments, initiates the processing, and inputs data as directed.
- Participate in the creation, documentation, data collection and updating of building related documents, such as fire safety plans, asbestos plans, etc.
- Provide access to applicable areas and serves as a point of contact for contractors engaged to facilitate repairs and improvements.
- Follow and promote all legislation related to facilities in accordance with insurance protocols, fire, building, pressure vessel and labour codes.
- Provide maintenance of landscaping and grounds facilities, including sprinkler systems.
- Seasonal and ongoing maintenance of parking lot and sidewalks, and yard equipment.
- Maintain supplies and purchases gas, oil, grease and filters as required.
- Reports immediately any damage to facilities or maintenance problems to the manager and/or facilities operator and rectifies the issue whenever possible.
- Performs other related duties as required from time to time.
What You Will Bring
- Fireman’s Certificate and 1-2 years of related experience. Knowledge of and the ability to apply key elements of WHMIS is required.
- Aptitude for working with computerized building automation and security systems.
- Ability to effectively operate and maintain yard equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic security practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply minor maintenance related to building, furniture and equipment.
- Ability to move furniture and assist staff in handling heavy material.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft WORD, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with Federation staff, members, contractors and the public.
- Good interpersonal skills in interacting with STF staff, members and suppliers.
What You Can Expect
We offer a salary range of $46,283.87-$60,118.42, a 35-hour work week plus a full range of pro-rated benefits, including extended health care; retirement plan; group life insurance; sick leave; long-term disability and paid leave to deal with family, health and sickness and compassionate situations.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.