- Full Time
- Cape Town, South Africa
Biology and Physical Science Teacher
Inspired Education is the leading global group of premium schools, with a portfolio of over 100 premium private schools spanning six continents which utilise proven educational practices from every corner of the globe, ensuring over 80,000 students receive a world-class learning experience from Kindergarten to Year. In addition, we are delighted to be recognised in the top 10 highest value private companies in the UK by Beauhurst.
In over 24 countries, Inspired schools are individually developed and anchored in the vibrant cultures of their respective locations. They collectively form an international family of schools that nurtures each student’s academic and personal development in a progressive, dynamic, and innovative learning environment.
By joining our award-winning team of over 12,000 employees, you can work in state-of-the-art facilities alongside industry-renowned educators and leaders in some of the world’s most desirable locations. We invest heavily in our team members who enjoy industry-leading professional development, exceptional career opportunities, and mobility across our group.
Reddam House Durbanville offers a co-educational, non-denominational, premier, private school environment recognizing, nurturing and developing the individuality of each student placed in our care and encouraging students to maximize their potential. Our school offers a dual curriculum, offering both Cambridge Assessment International and IEB education. Reddam House Durbanville offers a holistic, innovative educational experience, encouraging students to realize their unique gifts, talents and abilities in pursuit of academic excellence.We offer a premium education from 18 months to 19 years old, in the A Level post matric programme. Ideally located in Durbanville, Reddam House Durbanville seamlessly blends Boarding and Day schooling and takes pride in a bespoke learning approach, safeguarding and dedicated pastoral care.We provide premium education from old to A Levels as a post-matric option, to families living in the leafy suburbs of Durbanville, Vredekloof, Welgedacht, Plattekloof, Blouberg, Tableview, West Beach, Melkbos, Kanonberg & Welgemoed.We offer weekly and termly boarding from Grade 6 – 12, providing a home-away-from-home to students outside South Africa.
To adopt a holistic view to students in their care, promoting the general progress and well-being of individuals and of any class or group assigned to them. To create a positive learning environment and motivate students to achieve their full potential.
- Plan prepare and present interesting and exciting Biology and Physical Science lessons.
- Establish a teaching environment that is nurturing, and which promotes engaged learning.
- Behave in a professional manner with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and students’ homework.
- Evaluate, reflect on and refine teaching practice.
- Be open to continuously develop ones teaching through personal and school wide professional development.
- Teach extra lessons, when required, on two afternoons per week.
- Produce resources of a high standard for students.
- Respond to e-mails and telephone messages from parents within 24 hours.
- Show loyalty to all facets of Reddam House.
- Attend all special occasions at the discretion of the relevant Head.
- Set and mark exams and all other forms of student evaluation.
- Write report comments.
- The post holder is required to undertake any other reasonable tasks that the School Head/line manager determine.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Able to set clear expectations and stretching goals
- Adaptable teaching style incorporating feedback
- A depth of understanding in the relevant subject area
- Ability to judge learning effectiveness
- Excellent preparation and planning
- Assessment of student outcomes and feedback to enhance performance
- Genuine care and attention for the highest standards of student welfare
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience with students in a secondary school
- Previous experience with the Cambridge curriculum an advantage
- Confidence with use of ICT in teaching
- Previous experience in a high-performing international school
- University degree in appropriate subject
- Certified Teaching Status
- Appropriate right to work.
Inspired Education Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practices and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
To apply for this job please visit za.indeed.com.