Methodist Ladies' College
Full Time, Ongoing position
MLC is committed to offering students inspiring teachers, evidence-based teaching practices, and effective progress monitoring and support. MLC teachers take a proactive approach to student learning that is dynamic and adaptive, and the classroom is regularly revitalised by new teaching practices and methodologies that keep our students engaged.
Some of your primary duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Planning and delivering highly engaging lessons in collaboration with members of the teaching team
- Developing a culture of high expectations for all students
- Providing feedback to students and parents via the Continuous Reporting system
- Using data to analyse the progress of students and to review teaching and learning strategies.
- Developing strong relationships with colleagues, students and parents
- Working with colleagues to embed more effective teaching strategies into the classroom.
MLC is a leading independent girls’ day and boarding school in the inner east of Melbourne. Our unmatched breadth of learning and wellbeing experiences and environments inspires and supports MLC students to find and nurture their individual interests and talents and achieve their best.
Known for our commitment to excellence and innovation in education combined with the unmatched breadth of our curriculum, co-curricular activities, and College resources ensures our students discover their strengths and interests, nurture their talents, forge their own paths and achieve their best.
MLC students are empowered to be confident and resilient global citizens who possess the skills, knowledge and attitude to thrive throughout every stage of their schooling and in an ever-changing, globalised world.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning and wellbeing.
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Proven competence with use of technology in a learning environment
- Acts professionally and maintains appropriate confidentiality.
- Appropriate qualification and demonstrated expertise in relevant subject areas
- Current Victorian Institute of Teaching registration
- Right to work in Australia
- Adherence to all College policies and demonstration of behaviours in accordance with the Child Safe Standards.
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.