- Full Time
- Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Lafarge Construction Materials
The Ready Mix Operator reports to and is accountable to the Plant Manager. As a Ready Mix Operator, you will work in conjunction with the Plant Manager, Dispatcher, Batch Person, and the Quality Manager to ensure that concrete mixes are delivered in a safe and professional manner, and they meet and perform to customer specifications and CSA Standards as applicable.
You will be responsible for safe operation of the Ready Mix Vehicle and professional delivery of ready mix concrete. Also, you will maintain equipment by doing daily Pre and Post trip inspections, and be accountable for keeping equipment clean inside and out at all times. Ready Mix Operators provide consistent and reliable customer service through delivery, and may be required to manage mixes in order to achieve on site targets.
As a Ready Mix Operator, you will be responsible for:
Health and Safety:
- Ensure a safe work place by leading, participating in, and enforcing all safety and environmental policies including incident recording and reporting, FLRA review, and planned avoidance.
- Participate in employee job training programs ensuring complete understanding and compliance with all company environment, and health and safety policies.
Marketing & Customer Relations:
- See contractors during delivery and perform duties in a professional, polite, and courteous manner. Maintain Lafarge standards of safety on all jobsites.
- Answer and respond to customer concerns on site.
- When required, field initial contact from potential customers, and forward on all pertinent information to the Operations and Plant Managers.
- Encourage safety awareness and support fellow employee involvement in resolution of safety concerns.
- Identify and communicate major repair or potential major repairs to dispatch and Management.
Empower fellow employees to take action whenever appropriate.
- Help educate customers on products and CSA standards when required.
- Identify potential leads during customer conversations and communicate to Management.
Technical / Operations:
- Participate in required audits including environmental and safety audits / reviews.
- Work with the Plant Manager to help ensure a safe and active fleet by reporting all incidents, repairs, etc.
- RMX Operators may have varied shifts including evenings and weekends, and will be required to be available as needed.
- Successful candidates must complete and pass the Lafarge Ready Mix Training Program
- Need to be capable of lifting >50lbs.
- On top of regular driving duties, RMX Operators will be required to perform other duties as required by the dispatch or management teams.
As part of our dedicated focus on the health and safety of all employees, a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing and a criminal record check, may be required.
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00-$32.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- 1A or 3A (required)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.