- Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus
- Full-time and Continuing
- HEW 7 $94,173 – $103,694 + 17% Superannuation (pro rata, part time)
As one of Australia’s largest universities, Deakin has strong global linkages, world-class research and an education portfolio that blends the best of campus and digital delivery into a highly supportive and personalised student experience.
At Deakin we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture an inclusive, safe and respectful community. Deakin is an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, a SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze Award holder, seeking gender equity for Women in STEMM, and a Silver Award holder in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders.
The Administrative Coordinator position coordinates the work of the Office of the Director to provide a high level of service to the Executive Dean, Faculty Director and other Faculty Executive members. The position will ensure efficient, effective and timely services are provided within the office and works closely with stakeholders to deliver the best result for the faculty and the broader university. The position will supervise and coach a number of staff in the Office of the Director and liaises frequently with counterparts in each faculty drive best practice approaches to work.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Act as a coach and work with team members to facilitate growth and development by giving balanced, constructive feedback considering individual capability and team performance
- Coordinate activities associated with faculty requirements and develop plans and timelines to achieve deliverables
- Identify, lead and actively promote change within own area of responsibility and understand and communicate the reasons for the change
- Ensure the dissemination of the Faculty communication framework including newsletters, share points, hubs and town halls
- Communicate with confidence using examples and the most appropriate influencing technique for a given situation to increase understand and support
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Sound understanding of the Higher Education Sector and previous experience in an administrative role in a university would be highly desirable.
- A relevant degree, or an equivalent combination of relevant training and/or experience
- Experience working in project management and working to deadlines
- Experience with leading and supervising a team
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.