Diplomat South Africa is recruiting for the roles of Truck Driver – Code 14 in the Transport Department based in Cape Town, Western Cape. The positions will report to the Outbound Controller.
- To ensure that the right order is delivered to the correct customer within the required delivery time frame. Also ensuring a high level of customer service, as well as the completion of all administration to ensure route closure.
- Execute driver responsibilities cost effectively.
- Contribute to the cost savings targets of the company through efficient and safe driving. Build and maintain relationships with customers to deliver on service excellence targets through effective communication, professional conduct and attention to detail.
- Conduct an inspection at point of delivery to ensure goods are not damaged and complies to prescribed standards.
- Assist to resolve delivery disputes with customers to prevent return of goods.
- Provide feedback to management on customer related incidents, queries, concerns etc. Ensure cleanliness and good service record of vehicle at all times to ensure access to customer premises.
- Follow route plans and ensure accurate record keeping of travel mileage and petrol slips. Ensure vehicle is securely loaded and locked and sealed prior to departure.
- Take responsibility for loading of vehicle, the goods in transit and any returns from the customer.
- Complete daily vehicle check sheets, licensing, roadworthiness, and cleanliness.
- Timeous submission of claims for processing.
- Report any defects timeously to ensure a safe and road worthy vehicle at all times. Conduct planning of deliveries to point of sale to ensure meeting deadlines during high peak times.
- Collect relevant documentation and proof of delivery at every customer.
- Accurately record activities on a daily basis to ensure reference and records at all times. Take responsibility for self-development through self-study, identification of learning opportunities.
- Completed Matric or equivalent accredited by SAQA OR equivalent work experience.
- A valid Code 14 Drivers License with PDP.
- 5 years’ experience as a Code 14 Driver within the FMCG Industry.
- Good knowledge of the Western Cape region and routes.
- Ability to travel long distance with safe driving record.
- Ability to read and understand specific vehicle operating manuals to ensure safe and appropriate operations of the vehicle.
- Ability to start shifts from 06:00 am or earlier for Long distance routes as and when required.
- Ability to work overtime as and when required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cape Town, Western Cape: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Heavy-vehicle drivers licence (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit za.indeed.com.