Natik Projects (2007) Inc.
Natik Projects Inc. is seeking a B PRESSURE Pipe Welder for on a fly infly out shift. This position is responsible for welding boiler rooms and general pipe welding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Weld pipe
- Prepare and weld pipe using appropriate welding methods, materials, and equipment
- Clean up welds and remove debris from welds using appropriate welding methods, materials, and equipment
- Read blueprints and drawings to determine welding sequence and material requirements
- Prepare work area for welding by removing all debris from work areas
- Ensure that all welds meet quality standards and are of proper size, shape and strength
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in welding preferred. Strong knowledge of welding techniques with emphasis on MIG, Stick, Gas, and Plasma cutting. Ability to read blueprints and understand drawings. Ability to perform basic math calculations. Ability to use equipment including but not limited to grinders, saws, drills, hoists, lifts, hopper trucks, hopper trailers, welders’ hand tools, cutting tools and power tools. Must be able to work independently with little supervision or work in a team environment under direction of a production supervisor or supervisor. Must be able to work in cold environment (frigid) for extended periods of time. Must be able to work in confined spaces as a confined space entry technician. Must be able to read blueprints and understand drawings. Ability to perform basic math calculations. Ability to use equipment including but not limited to grinders, saws, drills, hoists, lifts, hopper trucks, hopper trailers, welding equipment such as Arc Welding Machines or Pipe Threading Machines.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $45.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- English not required
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Welding: 1 year (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.