Windsor Regional Hospital
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis, the Financial Analyst works co-operatively with Senior management and Managers to effectively and efficiently manage the financial resources of the organization. This includes providing interpretative services to assigned departments and the development and analysis of financial plans, monitoring of actual performance against those plans and recommending appropriate action.
The Financial Analyst also participates in the process to accumulate and review monthly financial and statistical data and assists in the evaluation, development, implementation and monitoring of policies, procedures and systems for the accounting and control of corporate assets. The Analyst also prepares reports and provides information to external clients such as the Corporation’s Auditors and the Ministry of Health.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (not fully inclusive of all responsibilities, please see the job description)
- Review of financial and statistical data to ensure accuracy and reasonableness.
- Preparation of variance analysis to identify significant monthly or year-to-date variances.
- Explanations for variances are investigated and documented to ensure appropriate actions are taken.
- Verify financial and statistical information produced by third parties to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Preparation of statistical and monetary trend analysis to assist in the development of budgets, financial projections, staffing proposals, business plans and recommendations regarding operating efficiencies.
- Analyze General ledger accounts and make corrections as necessary.
- Maintain changes to corporate budgets and process changes as required (annual budget 475 million).
- Preparation of trends analysis and forecasts to identify areas for reallocation of resources.
- Compilation and analysis of statistics regarding sick/overtime trends, variances and fluctuations by cost centre.
- Preparation of information returns such as Revenue Canada, Statistics Canada and the Ministry of Health.
- Submission of financial and statistical reports in prescribed formats. This included reports for the Hospital as well as for individual Votes & Programs.
- Performing other duties and assignments as required.
- Recognized post-secondary degree or Diploma with a Major in Accounting
- Recent completion or enrolment in a senior level program leading to a professional accounting designation
- Proficiency with personal computers, including spreadsheet, word processing and data base applications.
- Proficiency with the interactions of organization systems and department workflow, i.e. payroll, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, inventory and fixed assets.
- Previous job experience to include a minimum of 3 years of accounting and financial information preparation and analysis in a computerized environment
- French Language proficiency an asset.
- Ensuring that all staff are informed and in compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Resolves diverse staff and operational issues and provides input into issues that impact across patient/ stakeholder care units/ programs.
- Develops and leads the implementation of new/ innovative approaches.
- Keeps senior management informed of any potential risks.
- Exercises judgment on complex/sensitive decisions within standard policy, elevating contentious issues with recommendations.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time to benefit the program/organization.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.