- Full Time
- Windsor, ON, Canada
Windsor Regional Hospital
The Department of Medical Physics at Windsor Regional Cancer Centre (WRCC) in Windsor, Ontario has an opening for a Full Time Physics Associate (Physics Assistant) position. The radiation program at WRCC has three Varian iX linear accelerators, one GE CT-Sim, HDR and LDR Brachy programs, and one Orthovoltage unit. Over the next, the department is undergoing an overhaul; a net new linear accelerator will be added, and all the current three linear accelerator units will be replaced. Eclipse and Mosaiq are the TPS and R&V systems in use.
The Physics Associate reports directly to the Head of Physics, and participates in a variety of medical physics related technical support activities including quality assurance checks of equipment, maintaining equipment calibrations, some radiation protection and brachytherapy procedures, dose measurements, and clinical research projects under the guidance of a Medical Physicist. The successful candidate will join a team of five physicist, one physics resident, and one accelerator technologist.
Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and variable hours, as required, in order to have access to radiotherapy units and other physics equipment.
- Perform quality assurance on all radiotherapy program machines and physics equipment and maintain accurate records;
- Review existing procedure, and develop new ones when needed;
- Perform patient specific dose plan measurements ;
- Participate in commissioning of new radiation therapy equipment and treatment techniques;
- Maintain inventory for all physics equipment; arrange for repair and calibration when needed; and keep records of all such activities;
- Perform safe handling of radioactive materials including shipping and receiving, and storage duties in accordance with CNSC regulations;
- Participate in research and development projects including conducting experiments, data collection, data summary and analysis, and preparing reports;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor of Physical Sciences or Engineering degree;
- Minimum 3 years related experience in a Radiation Physics environment preferred.
- Previous physics associate experience is highly desired;
- Previous radiation safety training and/or experience will be an asset;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to function as part of an interdisciplinary team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills ;
- Demonstrated computer skills, and technology enthusiast;
- Strong organizational, data management and analytic skills;
- Proven initiative, problem-solving skills and adaptability;
- Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining the same standard.
- French Language proficiency an asset.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.