Transport and Main Roads
In the role of Principal Advisor (Scheduling) you will provide leadership for schedule management and administration of Primavera P6 as it applies to infrastructure projects included in the Queensland Transport and Roads Investment Program (QTRIP) and provide schedule management function subject matter expert advice, guidance and support as it applies to any TMR infrastructure and non-infrastructure project using the TMR OnQ project management method.
The role is also responsible for leading the development of the Scheduling Community of Practise and support the Manager (Project Management and Scheduling) in successful delivery of the QTRIP scheduling function. This involves provision of specialist expert and technical advice, coaching and mentoring in the development, improvement, review and application of practices, tools, techniques, and processes in relation to planning and scheduling, specifically Primavera P6 by QTRIP engaged staff and other tools by the remaining TMR staff.
You will also assist in the development and delivery of related training and in identifying the need for, and coordination of, additional project management scheduling and related training. This includes administering training data and student access.
The role will include but is not limited to;
- Leadership and specialist advice in the TMR project planning and scheduling function.
- Oversight of and senior specialist administration of the QTRIP project planning and scheduling P6 tool.
- Senior specialist support maintaining and coordinating the QTRIP project planning and scheduling P6 tool in conjunction with deployed schedule coordinators and the Managed Services Provider (MSP).
- Lead capability uplift for TMR planning and scheduling function.
The role will suit a driven individual who
- Embraces change and leads with focus and optimism in an environment of complexity and ambiguity
- Makes considered, ethical and courageous decisions based on insight into the broader context
- Builds and sustains relationships to enable the collaborative delivery of customer-focused outcomes
- Demonstrates accountability for the execution and quality of results through professionalism, persistence and transparency
- Maintains a high standard of practice through governance and risk management
- Builds strong self-awareness of leadership strengths and derailers and critically reflects on own performance, practice and impact as a sector leader.
- Although not mandatory, knowledge and experience in the administration of Primavera P6, experience in planning/scheduling roles for infrastructure-type projects, experience and delivering specialist capability uplift services, and knowledge of ITIL and related ICT user support management processes is highly regarded
- Work and Life balance, including ‘flex time’ and flexible work arrangements with hours that suit you and a working from home option.
- Beautiful city location near the Brisbane City Botanical Gardens with just over 10- minute walk from Central station.
- Work with a supportive team with a high level of training and development invested in each staff member.
- Generous leave including:
o 4 weeks annual leave
o 2 weeks sick leave per year
o Long-service leave after 7 years o Salary sacrificing
o parental leave o generous superannuation (employer contribution of up to 12.75%)
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.