Career Opportunity for Team Codeplay
We’re always on the lookout for talented developers to join our team. Think you’d make a valuable addition? Let us know what sets you apart and we’ll get in touch! This is a full-time position that is open to local (Kelowna, B.C.) candidates, as well as hybrid and remote workers.
If you want to work with an exceptional group of people, with numerous benefits and a terrific corporate culture—you are on the right page.
Acro Media is currently looking for an experienced Software Architect. We’re on the hunt for someone who can mastermind technical solutions and contribute to a high-functioning development environment.
We consider ourselves a laid-back bunch but driven to do well for our customers and employees. We’re looking for low egos and high skills. We’re looking for a solution-oriented, creative, and detail-oriented Architect who can lead by example and mentor our development teams.
As the successful candidate, here are some things you’ll be responsible for:
- ***Must be able to provide example work***
- Identifying and filling technical gaps within team members, and working with project management to build a training plan.
- Identifying weaknesses within a team structure and working with leadership to implement change.
- Coordinating cooperation between teams to facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Coordinating specialists for removing blockers, handling specialized tasks, and performing scheduled security reviews.
- Implementing, rolling out, and maintaining team and development policies, processes, and procedures.
- Leading debriefs with developers at regular intervals to discuss project status and concerns.
- Responsible for designing and managing the technical solution of assigned projects
- Supervising testing and deployment, and managing releases.
- Applying detailed and creative thinking to problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Leading project meetings, assigning duties, and ensuring follow-ups.
- Managing overall development success and quality of assigned projects.
- Ensuring the project team adheres to protocols and standards, including not launching live on Fridays, responding to issues in GitLab, and adhering to sprint processes.
- Training, mentoring, and managing developers and supporting them with the management of their teammates.
- Maintain project development documents such as architecture diagrams, bugs, and revisions.
- In charge and accountable for development success and overall quality of the project(s)
- Work closely with sales in positioning, sale, and delivery of services.
- Quote projects following the Acro process.
- Adhere to Acro Media’s core values and maintain a positive attitude
The successful applicant will have:
- Extensive experience in software architecture and design
- Prior experience with a source control system (ex, SVN, Git, GitHub, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to find creative solutions
- Excellent communication skills to effectively liaise with various stakeholders
- Fluency in English
- An excellent internet connection; you must be able to sustain an hour-long conference call without any issues
All offers of employment with Acro Media Inc are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check.
Here are some things we pride ourselves on being able to offer our staff:
- Flex start times & Earned days off: Do you prefer to start at 8:00? or 9:00? We’ll work with you. Want every second Friday off? Well we’ve got a program for that too!
- Remote work: Flexibility is one of our core values, and so we understand that productivity is influenced by a healthy, rested mind. Each position at Acro Media can be done from the comfort of your home office, if you like, or if you would prefer to work from our Kelowna office, you can do that too, it’s a personal choice! Please note some of our client contracts require staff to be located in Canada, so while remote work is available, most positions require you to legally be able to work within Canada.
- Free stuff: If you prefer to work from our office HQ, located in Kelowna, we have the added extra of juice, pop, snacks and coffee; choose your pleasure and enjoy.
- Slappies: Tougher to explain but once a month we get together and have a little ceremony, some food and a laugh – no altars or corporate chants involved.
- Fun day: We aim to have fun every day; however, every year for a day we cram a bunch of fun on ourselves. Weee!
- SPARC Events: Sometimes we have a virtual happy hour, team building events, (less corny than it sounds), competitions, or just a plain little reward for no reason. It’s a little spark in our usually normal days. Warning, we make you wear costumes. Often.
- Professional development: We might live and breathe software development, but we are also really passionate about our team’s personal development too. We love to learn, and are always striving to be the best version of ourselves; whether it’s training on the latest technology, or learning how to become a better delegator, we will help you improve your skills and hit your goals.
- Culture: We’re a certain type of people. We’re all a little different and unique in our own way but we seem to work well together. No one’s perfect and we embrace that. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Check out our site to get to know us! Feel free to dissect what and how we do what we do.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.