About Gray Puksand:
Gray Puksand is an Australian architecture and integrated design practice with over 180 highly engaged design professionals across 4 studios in Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, and Canberra.
Our vision is to create an inspired future with beautiful, authentic, and considered projects that improve the way people work, learn and live.
The human experience is at the heart of everything we create. Working across multiple sectors, from education and commercial architecture to workplace and retail design, our design process begins with investigating and truly understanding our clients’ desires and aspirations.
Individually, we are accomplished, curious, imaginative designers. Collectively, we are a diverse national team, applying a consistent design methodology to deliver successful projects for our clients and the people who inhabit them.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Finance Officer to join our thriving team in the Melbourne studio. As part of the team reporting to the Finance Manager, you will need to be a self-starter who enjoys the collaborative process of working in a team but who can also work with little supervision when required.
Overall, this role is responsible for managing accounts payable, and supporting debtor management and receipting. Additionally, you will be supporting the Finance Manager with all other administrative tasks, as well as providing assistance to the Studio Coordinator, including daily telephone cover during the lunch hour.
This role is hands on and collaborative in nature and will require you to be present in the Studio on a full-time basis. It is a wonderful opportunity to learn and be mentored in accounting and finance, whilst also being surrounded by the creative energy of designers and architects.
Getting to work is a breeze as we are located within 5 minutes’ walk from Southern Cross Station and Bourke and Collins Street trams. In addition, we have secure onsite bike parking and change facilities with lockers and free towel service.
- Managing accounts payable including: setting up new creditors, processing invoices, preparing fortnightly creditor run, reconciling accounts and processing company credit cards
- Supporting Finance Manager with timesheets and payroll
- Managing accounts receivable including: allocating cash receipts from bank statements/cheque payments, processing banking and following up debtors
- Studio administration including: daily telephone cover during the lunch hour (12pm – 1pm), plus all ad-hoc administrative support to Studio Coordinator
We are looking for a diligent individual with a strong work ethic and team-player attitude, willing to put their hand up to help both the Finance team and the wider Melbourne Studio in general.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role (relevant industry will be highly regarded)
- Knowledge of Deltek Vantagepoint Software or similar financial systems
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has:
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Well-honed problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What is on Offer?
Gray Puksand can offer:
- Passionate, highly engaged, respectful, and fun-loving team
- An empowering and encouraging leadership team
- A growing national firm who will support your career as it goes from strength to strength
- Structured Professional Development, Learning and Mentoring Programs
- Engaging Wellbeing and Culture Programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements – including Working from Home Arrangements
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.