Doctors of BC
IT Support Specialist
At Doctors of BC our vision is to promote a social, economic, and political climate in which members can provide the citizens of BC with the highest standard of health care, while achieving maximum professional satisfaction and fair economic reward.
Together, we make a difference so our doctors can make theirs. Join us today!
DEPARTMENT: People and Technology
The People and Technology Department is comprised of three teams:
The People & Strategy team manages recruitment, employee benefits, compensation, job evaluation, policies and procedures, rewards and recognition, training, employee engagement initiatives, and supports the culture at Doctors of BC. The People & Strategy team also supports questions and concerns regarding teamwork or the work environment.
The Infrastructure team manages the physical assets of Doctors of BC related to the building office equipment and maintenance of the building. The team also responds and provides resolution to any issues concerning office equipment, furniture, and building maintenance. They also manage the internal and external mail, take care of general office services, and provide support to the tenants within the building.
The Information Technology provides technical and software support and training to the employees of Doctors of BC. The IT team is a strategic business partner to further advance the interests of the organization through technology.
THE TEAM: The Technology Team
The Information Technology team is responsible for the selection, implementation, integration, and support of the technology solutions that contribute to the achievement of Doctors of BC’s mission and goals. The team provides technical support to employees, including computer hardware, applications, cloud technologies, and cybersecurity solutions, in addition to specific technology supports for the Divisions of Family Practice and Medical Staff Associations.
- This role is a remote role allowing the successful candidate to work anywhere in BC.
THE JOB: IT Support Specialist
Reporting to the Manager, IT Operations the IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing prompt, courteous and effective technical support to Doctors of BC staff and members of the organization. The IT Support Specialist will have good technical knowledge of computers, networks, peripherals, and audio-visual equipment and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They offer technical solutions to staff regarding system, email, and product related issues and provide day-to-day support to Doctors of BC staff on the use of technology resources.
The IT Support Specialist will answer queries on basic technical issues, offer advice, and ensure end user problems are responded to quickly and effectively, reviewing more complex problems with the team to ensure appropriate measures are taken. They will also be tasked with hardware and software setup, installation and maintenance. This position must exemplify good customer service, effective technical support, and be willing to go the extra mile to provide an optimal experience for internal and external users.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Promotes integrity in others by maintaining consistent values and performance standards in an open and forthright manner.
- Sets objectives that meet organizational needs and makes tough decisions objectively and without delay.
- Provides recommendations to individuals and teams on ways to improve performance and meet defined objectives.
- Monitors and provides feedback on individual and team performance against defined standards.
Problem Solving (I):
- Applies problem-solving methodologies and tools to diagnose and solve operational and interpersonal problems.
- Determines the potential causes of the problem and devises testing methodologies for validation.
- Shows empathy and objectivity toward individuals involved in the issue.
- Analyzes multiple alternatives, risks, and benefits for a range of potential solutions.
- Recommends resource requirements and collaborates with impacted stakeholders.
- Demonstrates operational agility and renegotiates priorities as necessary.
- Uses organizational systems that result in multiple critical activities to be identified and completed on time.
- Puts systems in place and uses them to monitor and detect errors and problems.
- Tests and inspects outputs and applies quality checks prior to work submission.
Information Systems Knowledge (B)
- Possesses a basic understanding of the strategy, structures, processes, and procedures of the enterprise in its relationship with the business and its activities.
- Troubleshoots in response to requests for technical support, identifies problems and needs and escalates problems to appropriate technical experts.
Information Strategic Technology Planning (B)
- Investigates technology practices, priorities, and direction.
- Uses the strategic technology plan to set objectives and action plans for a specific work area.
Doctors of BC Team Member:
Approaches work with a collaborative spirit recognizing we are better together. Embraces change, provides excellence in service and is accountable for their results and helping others achieve theirs. Does the right thing, not the easy thing. Speaks openly and honestly to tackle tough challenges and enrich relationships. Balances hard work with fun and is genuinely friendly and committed to other’s wellbeing.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Up to two years of related experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical knowledge of current Windows operating systems, along with experience using MS Active Directory and Office 365.
- Experience of supporting Apple macOS a bonus
- Knowledge and experience of IT team functions and (ITIL) processes is a requirement
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, oral communication and relationship management skills.
- Strong writing skills and proven ability to develop clear, concise and comprehensive written communication.
- Excellent judgment in setting priorities, identifying issues and determining action required when working under pressure and deadlines.
- Adept at balancing major concurrent tasks and projects and working with both internal staff and stakeholders in a coordinated manner.
- Proven ability to respond to a wide variety of issues and deal with unclear situations and conflicting demands, and to seek leadership direction and support with priority setting when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Excellent computer skills and experience using ITSM tools.
- Excellent knowledge of IT hardware and peripherals.
- Experience in IT asset management, and its processes.
- Knowledge of the BC health care system and health service delivery an asset.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.