Powertrain Controls Engineer
Our client in Windsor, ON is looking for a Powertrain Controls Engineer – Associate. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
The Powertrain Controls Engineer – Associate is responsible for new feature development, and enhancements to existing algorithms. The Powertrain Controls Engineer – Associate will work closely with a cross functional team, utilizing various tools (vehicle, HIL, Dyno, Virtual, rapid prototyping) through the V-model development process to ensure quality and robustness of the production algorithms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interface with systems and calibration to fully understand the requirements.
- Develop implementation strategies.
- Assess and document the impacts against regulatory requirement.
- Markup models to ensure the design meets functional/operational requirements.
- Validate the design during the production process.
- Ensure project is on track by developing plans, track progress, and present technical report to management and project chiefs.
- Participate in the decision making process on controls strategy design to achieve functional objectives.
- Master degree in Computer Science, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is required from an accredited University.
- 0-3 years of engineering experience.
- Should be knowledgeable in MATLAB/Simulink.
- Should be knowledgeable in Powertrain systems – specifically, computer based tools and process based development, and calibration refinement.
- Remote position.
- Embedded software experience.
- Electronic module/system experience.
- Not required to travel to the US, but it´s nice to have.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP) with matching contributions
- Paid holidays and vacation time off
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.